During their winter holiday, students in grades 2-9 can experience a new three-day version of Camp KSC. Here at Kennedy Space Center, NASA's launch headquarters, we specialize in STEM learning at its best, offering hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities. This program introduces campers to the elements of rocket propulsion and design, the history of NASA and the brilliant minds who made it all possible.
Tuition is $165 plus tax and includes a Camp KSC t-shirt, daily afternoon snacks*, a pizza lunch on the third day of camp and a certificate of completion.
December 27 - 29
January 1 - 3
January 4 - 6
During this three-day camp, students launch self-made rockets from the launching area at the ATX® Center (6 miles west of the visitor complex) and perform a simulated space shuttle mission to deploy a satellite or to dock their payload with the International Space Station. They “train like an astronaut” in a Multi-Axis Trainer, similar to what Mercury astronauts used in order to condition themselves for disorienting emergency situations. Older grade levels have the opportunity to climb the micro-gravity wall, simulating the effects zero-gravity has on movement and weight. This experience also includes a trip to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. The program culminates with an open house at the ATX Center. After, families are welcome to explore the visitor complex until closing.
- *Campers are responsible for bringing their own lunch on the first two days of camp. A pizza lunch is provided on the third day.
- The camp is designed with age appropriate content, placing campers into teams based on their grade levels.
- Transportation to/from camp is not available.
- Before and after care is not available.
- Additional t-shirts and hats are available for pre-sale only.
Reserve your child’s spot by calling 1.855.433.4210 today.