Launch Director TourFeb 02, 2017 02:00 PM - Feb 02, 2017 05:00 PM Kennedy Space Center
See space shuttle Atlantis with her last launch director, Mike Leinbach, and learn about the risks and rewards of NASA's Space Shuttle Program from an insider. On an exclusive bus tour of Kennedy Space Center with Mike Leinbach as your guide, travel to historic Launch Complex 39 for a visit to the Launch Control Center (LCC), hub of launch operations since the Apollo program.
- $149 for adults; $139 for children ages 3-11, includes daily admission.
- Annual passholders pay only $99 for adults and $84 for children. Annual passholder Launch Director Tour tickets are only available by calling 855-456-6597.
- Tour is scheduled 2 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Space is limited to 35 participants.
- This tour may not be suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and minors must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18.
Launch Director Tour Experience
Participants meet at the entrance to Space Shuttle Atlantis for a tour of NASA's reusable spacecraft. Afterward, on board a private motorcoach, participants tour the historic Launch Complex 39 where Apollo astronauts launched for the moon. Learn about the resources used to support the Space Shuttle Program with a driving tour of launch pads and the crawler-transporter, along with a drive-by of the Vehicle Assembly Building. Next stop is the Launch Control Center and Firing Room 4, the room from which the last 21 space shuttle missions were launched. The tour also includes the Bubble Room, where NASA management assembled during launch operations. The tour then concludes with a trip to the Apollo/Saturn V Center, where participants are welcome to explore at their own pace before boarding a shuttle bus for the return trip to the main visitor complex.