The Space Race Started Here NASA’s space program was born at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, adjacent to Kennedy Space Center. Cape Canaveral Early Space tour stops include historic launch complexes where the Mercury 7 blasted into orbit, the Air Force Space & Missile Museum, and the Apollo 1 memorial. From the comfort of an air-conditioned motor coach, visitors can view the icons of Florida’s Space Coast where the journey to space began in America.
Due to restricted access at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, each visitor on this tour must register with security officers by 12:00 noon on the day of the tour. Register at the Information center located at the main entrance. For American citizens, a U.S. government-issued driver’s license, passport, military ID or U.S. state ID card is required for tour participants age 18 and over. International adult and child participants must present a valid passport to participate.
- Available as an add-on enhancement
- Moon Rock Cafe available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Allow 3 Hours
- Shopping available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Tour concludes at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Restrooms available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Return buses leave every 15 minutes
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Return Trip 20 minutes
- Advance reservations are recommended
- Multiple tours are not recommended