TOUR WITH A NASA INSIDER
See space shuttle Atlantis with her last launch director, Mike Leinbach, and learn about the risks and rewards of NASA’s Space Shuttle Program from an insider. On an exclusive bus tour of Kennedy Space Center with Mike Leinbach as your guide, travel to historic Launch Complex 39 for a visit to the Launch Control Center (LCC), hub of launch operations since the Apollo program.
- $149 for adults, including daily admission
- $139 for children ages 3-11, including daily admission
- A special annual passholder ticket rate is offered*
- Space is limited to 35 participants, so reserve your space early!
- This tour may not be suitable for young children due to the length of the tour. Minors must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18.
The Launch Director Tour at a Glance
The tour begins at 1:00 PM. Participants meet at the entrance to Space Shuttle Atlantis for a tour of NASA's reusable spacecraft. Afterward, on board a private motorcoach, participants tour the historic Launch Complex 39 where Apollo astronauts launched for the moon. Learn about the resources used to support the Space Shuttle Program with a driving tour of launch pads and the crawler-transporter, along with a drive-by of the Vehicle Assembly Building. Next stop is the Launch Control Center and Firing Room 4, the room from which the last 21 space shuttle missions were launched. The tour also includes the Bubble Room, where NASA management assembled during launch operations. The tour then concludes at 4:00 PM with a trip to the Apollo/Saturn V Center, where participants are welcome to explore at their own pace before boarding a bus for the return trip to the main visitor complex.
Additionally, Mr. Leinbach will be available on select dates after the tour to sign his latest book, Bringing Columbia Home: The Untold Story of a Lost Space Shuttle and Her Crew, which can be purchased in The Right Stuff, the gift shop at the Apollo/Saturn V Center.
- Program includes daily admission
- Moon Rock Cafe available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Allow 4 Hours
- Shopping available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Advance reservations are required
- Restrooms available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Tour concludes at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Return buses leave every 15 minutes
- Return Trip 20 minutes
- Multiple tours are not recommended