Official In-Park Social Media Promotion Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY, THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING MANDATORY ARBITRATION, NO CLASS RELIEF, AND WAIVER OF YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
- Eligibility: These rules (the "Official Rules") apply to all in-park Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex social media giveaway promotions (collectively, the "Promotions"). The Promotions are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and of the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry (age of majority is nineteen (19) years in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) years in Mississippi) and who are present in the applicable theme park or venue during the Entry Period (defined below). Officers, directors, and employees of DNC Parks & Resorts at KSC, Inc. d/b/a Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex ("Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex ") and its parent and affiliated companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter Kennedy Promotions. The Promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the applicable Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
By participating in any Promotion via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or any other Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex social media channel you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before participating. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Released Parties (defined below) from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies. The details and requirements for entry or participation in any Promotion shall be provided by the official Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex social media channels from time to time (the “Promotion Announcement”), at the discretion of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. You must follow the directions provided by the applicable Promotion Announcement and otherwise be bound by and follow these Official Rules to be eligible to receive a prize in connection with any Promotion. The Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat. Entrants are providing information to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- Sponsor: DNC Parks & Resorts at KSC, Inc. d/b/a Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Timing: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex shall accept Promotion entries only during the Promotions entry period as provided for in the applicable Promotion Announcement (the "Entry Period"). If the applicable Promotion Announcement does not indicate an Entry Period, then the Entry Period shall begin when the Promotion Announcement is made and end when all Prizes have been claimed.
- How to Enter: Your method of entry shall be as provided for in the applicable Promotion Announcement during the applicable Entry Period. The giveaway location shall be identified in the applicable Promotion Announcement. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person per Promotion, regardless of method of entry. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void.
- Entry and Timing: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s designated representative is the official time-keeper for all Promotions. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for offensive, inappropriate, or obscene behavior or failure to comply with Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s park or venue rules and regulations or the Terms of Service. Entries from businesses, organizations or groups are not permitted. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than a single entry will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
- Winner Selection: The winner(s) of the applicable giveaway will be selected as provided in the applicable Promotion Announcement, and such selection will be in Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s sole discretion. In no event shall the number of Winners exceed the quantity of available Prizes. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winner(s) will be declared the official winner(s) of the applicable Promotion (each, a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners"). The decisions of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex are final and binding on all matters relating to these Promotions. Limit one (1) Prize per person, family or household per Promotion. Potential winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and publicity release (collectively, "Promotion Documents"). Noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s discretion.
- Prizes: The prize(s) and quantity of such prize(s) to be offered in each Promotion (each, a "Prize" and collectively, the "Prizes") shall be identified in the applicable Promotion Announcement. If no Prize quantity is stated, then a single Prize shall be awarded. The approximate retail value of each Prize shall be $20-400. Exact Prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s sole and absolute discretion. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Each Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with the Prize acceptance and use not specified by the Official social accounts as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All details of all Prizes will be determined by Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in its sole discretion. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the description above, including but not limited to, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s sole discretion.
- Release: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, the parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related companies of each of the foregoing, the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, and the respective directors, officers, constituent general and limited partners, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant's participation in the or Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Promotion and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize supplier that are sent along with Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant's name on Facebook and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Promotion itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Promotion at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s sole discretion.
- Publicity: Participation in the Promotion constitutes Winner's consent to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, posts and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Each Winner and their applicable guest(s) may be required to sign a publicity general release form.
- General Conditions: Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in its sole discretion. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and all Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat network issues, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the determination of Winners; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, corrupted or misdirected messages or emails; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. You hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses in any dispute related to or arising from these Official Rules or the Prize.
- Disputes: These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Florida, excluding its conflicts of law rules. You agree to ARBITRATE ANY DISPUTES WITH KENNEDY SPACE CENTER VISITOR COMPLEX and to WAIVE JURY TRIAL and CLASS ACTIONS as more fully set forth in the Terms of Service, which terms govern the Promotions as if fully incorporated into these Official Rules (except that if there is a conflict between these Official Rules and those terms, these Official Rules will govern such conflict). Your participation in the Promotions may also be subject to other local, state or national laws.
Last updated 7/9/2019