Book Signing & Presentation with Mike MassiminoJan 10, 2017 02:00 PM - Jan 10, 2017 04:30 PM Astronaut Encounter Theater
Join us for a book signing and a "Tell Me A Story...Live!" presentation by astronaut Mike Massimino January 10, 2016 at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. The presentation will take place in Astronaut Encounter Theater followed by a book signing on the ground floor of the Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction.
Spaceman: An Astronaut’s Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe is an awe-inspiring memoir revealing the hard work, camaraderie and sheer guts involved in the life of an astronaut; he vividly describes what it is like to strap yourself into the space shuttle and blast off into space, or the sensation of walking in space, as he did when he embarked on an emergency repair of the Hubble telescope. Copies are available for purchase in The Space Shop at the visitor complex.
As a mission specialist for NASA's Space Shuttle Program, Mike Massimino also served as CAPCOM at mission control and is a veteran of four spacewalks. He is also the first astronaut to tweet from space! He served on STS-109 Columbia and STS-125 Atlantis, the fourth and fifth respective missions to service Hubble Space Telescope. Massimino is currently the Senior Space Advisor to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and a Columbia University professor.
Follow Mike Massimino on Twitter @Astro_Mike
Book Signing Guidelines:
- He will ONLY sign his book Spaceman: An Astronaut’s Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe.
- He will NOT sign any memorabilia, photos, space related items, other books authored or not authored by him.
- Photos will be allowed ONLY while he is signing but he will not pose for pictures or allow anyone behind the table to take a photo.
Book Signing & Presentation with Mike Massimino
Event is included with daily admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
- Presentation at Astronaut Encounter Theater 2 pm
- Book Signing at Space Shuttle Atlantis 3:30 - 4:30 pm