Summer of Mars Family Overnight AdventureJul 29, 2017 04:00 PM - Jul 30, 2017 08:45 AM Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex welcomes families to celebrate Summer of Mars and sleep under space shuttle Atlantis during this exclusive opportunity. Previously only open to youth groups, families are welcome to stay overnight at the visitor complex while space shuttle Atlantis floats overhead.
The Summer of Mars Family Overnight Adventure takes families to the following attractions, guided by an education professional:
July 29, Day 1:
- Astronaut Encounter – hear detailed accounts of life in space from a real veteran NASA astronaut.
- Buffet dinner
- Lockheed Martin’s Mars Experience Bus (Summer of Mars attraction)
- Science on a Sphere: Red and Blue (Summer of Mars show)
- Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted
- Space Shuttle Atlantis® – explore the exhibits and simulators, highlighting how NASA's previous programs are the foundation for human exploration of Mars. Then, spend the night below Atlantis.
July 30, Day 2:
- Continental breakfast
- Eyes on the Red Planet (Summer of Mars show)
- Admission ticket – explore the visitor complex for the remainder of the day
This exclusive experience includes the Summer of Mars Family Overnight Adventure program, buffet dinner, continental breakfast, 10% discount at all retail stores, and daily admission. Program begins at 4:00 pm on day one, and will conclude by 8:45 am the following day. Families are welcome to explore Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex at the conclusion of the Overnight Adventure.
When: July 29, 2017, 4:00 pm (day 1) to 8:45 am (day 2)
Price: $125 per person (plus tax)
Requirements: To participate, each party must have at least one (1) child between the ages of 7-14 with at least one (1) parent, grandparent, or legal guardian. There is otherwise no minimum group size required to make a reservation.
Call 855.413.2142 to reserve your family for the Summer of Mars Family Overnight Adventure. It is first come, first served as there is limited capacity.
- Guests are responsible for their own bedding and toiletries. No showers are available on property.
- Speak to the reservation agent about allergies or required medication.
- For the protection of our attractions and guests, no outside food will be permitted.
- The included admission ticket is valid only until park close on Day 2 of the Overnight Adventure. You must have your ticket for re-entry after the conclusion of the program.
- You must have your own transportation to load your gear into while you explore the park. The visitor complex does not have a storage area for your luggage.
- Kennedy Space Center is an active launch facility. Schedule and availability is subject to change due to operations and events.