Rocket Launch: NET August 2018 | SpaceX Falcon 9 Merah PutihNET August 2018 Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Space Launch Complex 40 Rocket Launch: NET August 2018 | SpaceX Falcon 9 Merah Putih
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches Merah Putih to a geostationary transfer orbit (GTO) NET August 2018. The name Merah Putih represents the red and white of the Indonesian flag, and the satellite will improve telecommunications throughout the country, India, and other areas of South and Southeast Asia.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers the closest public viewing of launches, as well as launch commentary, bleacher seating and access to visitor complex exhibits and attractions.
Currently, no Launch Transportation Tickets are available for this launch. If launch transportation and viewing opportunities later become available through the visitor complex:
- Tickets may be purchased online under the VIP Launch Viewing tab on the ticket page if/when tickets are available.
- If they are offered, tickets are sold as soon as possible after a confirmed date and time is announced.
- As viewing locations are accessible from inside the visitor complex entrance only, you must also purchase a daily admission ticket or an annual pass in order to use Launch Transportation Tickets. Ticket holders are transported by Kennedy Space Center buses from the main visitor complex to the available viewing areas located beyond NASA’s gates.
- Launch Transportation Tickets are date and mission specific, and are not valid for other launches.
- Sign up for email launch alerts so you know when tickets go on sale
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for launch updates
- Tips for how to prepare for launch viewing as a visitor
- Learn about our Scrub Policy
- Read more about SpaceX Falcon 9
Availability of upcoming viewing opportunities is dependent upon the scheduled launch time and is subject to NASA and U.S. Air Force approval. Launch date, time and viewing opportunities are subject to change. Launches can be affected by technical and mechanical issues, as well as range operations and weather, either in advance or at the last minute.