Rocket Launch: December 4, 2018 1:38 PM EST | SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-16Dec 04, 2018 1:38 PM EST Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Space Launch Complex 40 SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-16
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will deliver the next shipment of cargo and science investigations to the International Space station. This is the 16th SpaceX mission under NASA's Commercial Resupply Services contract.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers the closest public viewing of launches, as well as launch commentary, bleacher seating and access to visitor complex exhibits and attractions. Witness liftoff from the main visitor complex (included with daily admission), or from viewing locations through NASA’s gates with a Launch Transportation Ticket (LTT), which may be purchased in addition to daily admission.
Currently, no main visitor complex viewing or Launch Transportation Tickets (LTTs) are available for this launch. If launch transportation and viewing opportunities later become available:
- Launch Transportation Tickets (LTTs) may be purchased online under the VIP Launch Viewing tab on the ticket page if/when tickets are available. Remember to purchase daily admission as well.
- If LTTs are offered, tickets are sold as soon as possible after a confirmed date and time is announced.
- Rocket launch viewing locations are only accessible from inside the visitor complex with daily admission and a LTT, if applicable. In order to use LTTs, guests must also purchase a daily admission ticket or an annual pass. Those with an LTT are transported by Kennedy Space Center buses from the main visitor complex to the available viewing areas that are located beyond NASA’s gates. Main visitor complex viewing does not require bus transportation.
- Some special launches require advanced purchase of a viewing package that includes admission. Pre-purchased daily admission tickets and annual passes are not valid for separately priced special launches.
- Launch Transportation Tickets are date and mission specific, and are not valid for other launches.
- Sign up for email launch alerts so you know when tickets go on sale for future launches.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for launch updates
- Tips for how to prepare for launch viewing as a visitor.
- Learn about our Scrub Policy
- Read more about SpaceX Falcon 9
Availability of upcoming viewing opportunities is dependent upon the scheduled launch time and is subject to NASA and U.S. Air Force approval. Launch date, time and viewing opportunities are subject to change. Launches can be affected by technical and mechanical issues, as well as range operations and weather, either in advance or at the last minute.