Rocket Launch: May 11, 2018 4:14 PM EDT | SpaceX Falcon 9 Bangabandhu-1May 11, 2018 04:14 PM Kennedy Space Center, Launch Complex 39A Rocket Launch: May 11, 2018 4:14 PM EDT | SpaceX Falcon 9 Bangabandhu-1
A Falcon 9 rocket will deliver Bangabandhu-1 to a geostationary transfer orbit. This satellite will be the first communications satellite for Bangladesh. This is the first time SpaceX is launching the Block 5 version of the Falcon 9 rocket. This is an update from the previous Block 4 generation, improving thrust and re-usability.
Launch viewing opportunities for Bangabandhu-1 are available at the following locations, both included with daily admission:
- Apollo/Saturn V Center, approximately 3.9 miles/6.27 kilometers from launch pad
- The main visitor complex, approximately 7.5 miles/ 12 kilometers from launch pad
The Apollo/Saturn V Center and main visitor complex viewing areas are accessible with daily admission and do not require additional tickets. All launch viewing locations offer bleacher seating and launch commentary, and have access to restrooms, dining and souvenirs.
- The visitor complex sees heightened attendance on launch days. Arrive early!
- No additional launch viewing transportation tickets are required for Bangabandhu-1. Only daily admission.
- The launch viewing area at Apollo/Saturn V Center has limited capacity and is available until that capacity is reached. Check the Daily Schedule for bus tour operating hours, but keep in mind that the bus tours may end earlier if the Apollo/Saturn V Center reaches capacity.
- Security protocol requires that all guests must be transported by only visitor complex tour buses to the Apollo/Saturn V Center.
- Learn more about how to prepare for launch viewing as a visitor.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for launch updates.
- Read more about SpaceX Falcon 9.
Launch date, time, and viewing opportunities are subject to change. Launches can be affected by technical and mechanical issues as well as range operations and weather, either in advance or at the last minute.