Salute to Brevard 2018Oct 22, 2018 09:00 AM - Nov 04, 2018 06:00 PM Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
During Salute to Brevard, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will extend discounts on daily admission to Brevard County residents. Ticket prices during these two weeks for Brevard County residents are $19 for adults and $15 for children ages 3-11 (plus tax). This rate is also valid for up to six people per party.
In order to receive this discount, please remember to bring your driver’s license or utility bill from Brevard County. Tickets must be purchased at the visitor complex ticket plaza on the date of entry, and only the purchaser need be a Brevard County resident.
Donations Collected for Brevard Sharing Centers
During Salute to Brevard, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is working with Brevard County Sharing Centers to help members of our local community. From October 22 – November 4, all guests are encouraged, but not required, to bring canned foods and other non-perishable items to the visitor complex to donate to Brevard County Sharing Centers. It is the perfect time to add to your grocery cart and help those in need in our community.
Please consider donating any of the following:
- Canned goods such as soups, canned fruits and vegetables, and tuna.
- Other non-perishable foods like pasta, oatmeal or sauces.
- Baby formula, food and supplies.
- Hygiene products such as deodorant, toothbrushes, soap and shampoo.
Thanks to donations in 2017, Brevard County Sharing Centers was able to contribute the following to the local community last year:
- 45,478 meals were served through the Community Kitchen Program.
- 15,505 persons received assistance with basic needs such as clothing, household items, hygiene, baby food and formula, bicycles, etc.
- 4,750 bags of food were distributed during Children’s Weekend.
- 4,776 persons received a shower last year.
- 412 full turkey dinners were provided to families in need.
- 471 children received Christmas and other holiday gifts.
- 426 pair of shoes were given to children in need when returning to school.