Fly With An Astronaut | Don ThomasDec 13, 2019 - Dec 15, 2019 | 9:15 AM - 1:30 PM Daily Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Tour Kennedy Space Center with an Astronaut Guide
Explore Kennedy Space Center as part of a small group with your astronaut guide. Discover the birthplace of America’s space program with an experienced space explorer by your side as you tour Space Shuttle Atlantis® and blast off on Shuttle Launch Experience®, along with touring the iconic sites of Kennedy Space Center by motor coach. Savor a catered lunch!
- Annual passholder discounts for Fly With An Astronaut tickets are only available by calling 855-456-6597.
- This Fly With An Astronaut is offered once a day for three days. The tour is scheduled for 9:15 AM to 1:30 PM daily. Each day offers the same tour, so choose which date is best for you!
- Space is limited to 43 participants.
- This tour may not be suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and minors must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18.
- Guests must be a minimum of 44"/111.76 cm to ride the Shuttle Launch Experience.
Note: Astronaut(s), times, dates and tour/dining locations are subject to change.
Born in Cleveland, Ohio, Thomas completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Case Western Reserve University in 1977. He went on to Cornell University earning both a Master of Science degree and a doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering.
Thomas began his NASA career at the Johnson Space Center working as a materials engineer on the Space Shuttle program. In 1990 he was selected in NASA’s 13th group of astronauts. He went on to fly on four Space Shuttle missions; STS-65 aboard Columbia in 1994, STS-70 aboard Discovery in 1995, and STS-83 and STS-94 aboard Columbia in 1997. During his four missions he spent a total of 44 days in space and orbited the Earth 692 times.
From 1999-2000 he was NASA’s Director of Operations in Russia working at the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center in Star City. From 2003-2006 he was the International Space Station Program Scientist directing and planning the experiments performed on the ISS.
From 2007-2015 Thomas headed up the Hackerman Academy of Mathematics and Science at Towson University, an outreach initiative that targeted elementary, middle, and high school students to encourage them to pursue careers in math, science, and engineering. Today he is a professional speaker and continues his outreach efforts inspiring students to reach for the stars.
Fly With An Astronaut | Don Thomas