Meet Astronaut Jack LousmaAug 23, 2022 - Aug 27, 2022 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Education: B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Education: M.S. U.S. Naval Postgraduate School
- U.S. Marine Corps - Commissioned in 1959; Flight Wings earned in 1960
- 7000 hours of flight time
- 1966 NASA class selection
- Crew Support: Apollo 9, 10, & 13
- Skylab 2: Pilot - 2 months spent in space completing mission objectives
Meet Astronaut Jack Lousma