Meet Astronaut Don ThomasDec 16, 2022 - Dec 18, 2022 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: Cleveland, Ohio
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Physics | Masters & Doctorate Degrees in Materials Science
- As an employee with Lockheed Engineering and Sciences, he reviewed materials used in Space Shuttle payloads
- Worked at Johnson Space Center (JSC) as a Materials Engineer, studying composite materials to be used for the Space Station
- 1990 NASA class selection
Meet Astronaut Don Thomas