Meet Astronaut John FabianDec 29, 2022 - Jan 02, 2023 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born in Goose Creek, Texas
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University; Class of 1962
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology; Class of 1964
- Sc.D in Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington; Class of 1974
- Logged 4,000 hours of flight time, including 3,400 hours in multiple jet aircraft
- 1978 NASA class selection
Meet Astronaut John Fabian