A TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR FUTURE SPACE EXPLORERS
Nowhere else on Earth can students train to go to Mars and experience astronaut training than at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Be a part of the next generation of space explorers that prepare for human’s deep space travel inside the Astronaut Training Experience® Center - Exploring with Lockheed Martin. There is nothing more inspirational than astronaut training with authentic NASA science and engineering.
In the Astronaut Training Experience (ATX), trainees will join the crew as they begin a spectacular series of mission simulation including launching, landing and walking on Mars. Perform a spacewalk through exciting and immersive microgravity simulation technology. Trainees will also participate in a launch of NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket as a member of either the launch control team or the Orion capsule crew. Throughout the training, create personalized video logs of the unforgettable experience to revisit after you complete your mission.
Times: 4-5 hour program, with start times varying by season. Check dates/times at the reservation button below.
Trainees: Individuals or groups, ages 10 and older. Trainees that are ages 10 - 17 will require a paying, participating adult.
Price: $175 (plus tax)
2020 Available Dates
Dates noted with (PM) are only available at 3:30 PM, except during the months of June and July where the start time will be 4:30 PM. All other dates are available at 9:30 AM.
April: 1(PM), 5, 8, 9, 12, 15(PM), 19, 25, 29(PM)
May: 6, 9, 10, 13(PM), 16, 17, 20, 23, 24, 27(PM), 31
June: 13, 17(PM), 24(PM), 27
July: 1(PM), 8(PM), 15(PM), 29(PM)
August: 5 (PM), 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 22, 23, 26(PM), 29, 30
September: 2, 5, 6, 9(PM), 12, 13, 16(PM), 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, 30(PM)
October: 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 14(PM), 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 28(PM), 31
November: 4, 7, 8, 11(PM), 14, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25(PM), 29
December: 2, 5, 6, 9(PM), 12, 13, 16, 19, 20, 23(PM), 24, 25, 26 (AM & PM), 27 (AM & PM), 28, (AM & PM), 29 (AM & PM), 30 (AM & PM), 31
Available Training Stages Dates
Dates are subject to change.
December: 2, 3, 6
Admission to the Astronaut Training Experience does not include daily admission to the visitor complex, but daily admission is not required to participate. Add admission to visit on your second day and have the complete Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex experience!
Trainee groups larger than 10 must reserve their spot by calling 1.855.433.4210 from 9 AM to 4 PM EST. If you do not see a date that fits your schedule, inquire about a private experience for your group. Full payment is due at the time of booking.
Safety and Restrictions:
- English Fluency: Due to safety instructions and the interactive content essential to this program, each guest must be able to read and speak English fluently in order to participate in ATX.
- All Astronaut Training Experience Simulators: For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this experience. Expectant mothers should not participate. Guests must wear closed-toed shoes in order to participate. Due to the nature of the simulators, guests should be cautious when wearing dresses/skirts in the program.
- Accessibility: Guests must be able to transfer on their own into the simulators. For Lander/Rover: Guests must be able to walk up stairs or a ramp to the experience, step down/up into the Rover. For Microgravity: Guest must be able to step over a raised safety feature surrounding the simulator.
- Lander/Rover Simulator: Those who have had recent surgery or injury should not ride. Participants must be at least 51” tall. Guests must be able to safely fit in the seat and restraint system. Guests of certain shape and/or size may not be able to ride.
- Walk on Mars Virtual Reality: If you experience seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, altered vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, or any symptom related to motion sickness, you should not participate. Guests who have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities should not participate.
- Microgravity Simulator: Participants must be at least 48 inches/1.22 meters tall. Max weight 275 pounds/127 kilograms.
PLAN YOUR MISSION
Make the most of your adventure with the best information to plan your visit.