- EXPLORE ATTRACTIONS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
- Launches and Events
- Camps and Education
Camp KSC 2023 is sold out.
Camp KSC® launches the next generation of space explorers into a universe of NASA-based science and engineering at America's multi-user spaceport. During this summer day camp, students ages 7 through 16 experience five days full of hands-on science, technology, engineering and math activities throughout Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex's exhibits and attractions. Campers are entertained and challenged with curriculum comprised of exciting and educational adventures that are catered to fit each age group, leaving a lifelong impact.
Camp KSC activities take place throughout Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, including the Astronaut Training Experience (ATX)®, Mars Base 1, Apollo/Saturn V Center, Space Shuttle Atlantis® and the all-new Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex®. Each team participates in a variety of hands-on STEM challenges, labs and astronaut-training simulations designed specifically for their age group.
Campers will dive into missions such as:
- Mars habitation operations to solve possible emergencies
- A microgravity simulator, learning to work in a frictionless environment during a simulated spacewalk
- Simulated spaceflight from Kennedy Space Center to Mars
- Mars surface exploration using virtual reality
- Botany Lab vegetable growth and harvesting, sending data to real NASA scientists
- Mars rover robotics to optimize power for the Base
- Engineering builds, themed to each age group
- Hands-on STEM challenges
- Team building, communication and collaboration
Full Activity Details
When making your reservation, select the correct event based on the camper's birthdate range below.
Pathfinder (birth date of June 1, 2014 - May 31, 2016)(SOLD OUT) Spirit (birth date of June 1, 2012 - May 31, 2014)(SOLD OUT) Opportunity (birth date of June 1, 2010 - May 31, 2012)(SOLD OUT) Curiosity (birth date of June 1, 2008 - May 31, 2010)(SOLD OUT) InSight (birth date of June 1, 2006 - May 31, 2008)(SOLD OUT)
Camp KSC is a five day camp beginning at 8:00 AM each day and concluding at 3:00 PM. Parents or guardians are responsible for all transportation to and from the visitor complex each day. Camp will run Monday - Friday of the following weeks in 2023**:
- Week 1 - May 29, 2023
- Week 2 - June 5, 2023
- Week 3 - June 12, 2023
- Week 4 - June 19, 2023
- Week 5 - June 26, 2023
- Week 6 - July 3, 2023
- Week 7 - July 10, 2023
- Week 8 - July 17, 2023
- Week 9 - July 24, 2023
- Week 10 - July 31, 2023
Tuition per Camper: $350* plus tax
Tuition includes lunch and snacks each day, a specially designed Camp KSC T-shirt, a Camp KSC certificate, a themed name badge and lanyard, electronic follow-up reports and wristbands for up to four family members to explore the main visitor complex after the final day of camp.
* Annual passholders and badged NASA employees receive a discount on Camp KSC tuition. Call the Reservations team at 1.855.433.4210 from 9 AM to 5 PM EST to book your camper.
* Please note when purchasing: Please carefully select the appropriate age group based on your camper's birth date. If the incorrect age group is selected, your Camp KSC reservation will be canceled and you will be notified within 14 days of the cancellation.
If your preferred date is not able to be selected, that means all Camp Teams/age groups for that week are sold out. If your Camp Team/age group is not listed on a specific week, that specific age group is sold out for that week.
In the event of a scheduled rocket launch during Camp KSC hours, there is a possibility that all camp activities for the day may be canceled. Due to the instructional and participatory nature of Camp KSC, English fluency is a mandatory requirement to participate. For international groups, please see Camp KSC International programs.
The Payload Blog
Camp KSC - A Summer to Remember
As summer approaches, Dee from our Education team shares why the new Camp KSC® is the perfect summer camp for aspiring astronauts who may one day travel to Mars.
February 6, 2019 | BY DEE
February 6, 2019 | BY DEE