Exploration Meets Education
Inspire the next generation of space explorers with a Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex field trip. Here, your students will launch into a galaxy of fun and learning through authentic NASA science, technology. engineering and math. While Kennedy Space Center's story has a rich history, today it is active as America's multi-user spaceport.
During a field trip, students come face-to-face with Space Shuttle Atlantis®, explore the massive 363 foot-long Saturn V moon rocket at the Apollo/Saturn V Center, tour NASA's spaceflight operations, interact with immersive simulators and exhibits, and so much more. Additional ways to enhance your field trip include taking a guided bus tour, sitting down for Dine with An Astronaut, downloading the free Space Chase! app, or customizing your visit with the KSC SmartGuide.
- A trip to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is a full-day experience.
- There is a 15 students minimum to qualify for a group rate.
- We are unable to accommodate walk-up groups.
- One-week advance reservation suggested; some programs or add-on enhancements require full payment at the time of booking.
- Chaperone Policy:
- One chaperone for every five students in kindergarten through grade 5.
- One chaperone for every 10 students in grade 6 through 12.
Space Chase! App
Space Chase! Explore & Learn is the mobile learning experience for students before, during and after their school field trip to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Students use their smartphones to investigate and solve space-related challenges, earning stars for correctly accomplishing tasks. Enhance and extend your field trip with the Space Chase! app, now available in the Apple Store and Google Play.
In addition to day trips, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex educational programs support the National Science Standards and NASA STEM initiatives. Learn more about the various programs.
Please Note: Kennedy Space Center is a working space launch facility and programs are subject to change.
Sign Up for our educator newsletter
Summer Reading with Astronaut Authors
June 1, 2018 | BY DEE