For the health and safety of guests and employees, implemented stringent cleaning and safety practices are in place, including limiting the number of guests in each program. For more information, visit the Reopening Procedures page.
Be a part of the next generation of space explorers that prepare for human’s deep space travel in the Astronaut Training Experience® Center - Exploring with Lockheed Martin. The Astronaut Training Experience (ATX), along with the companion program Mars Base 1, will bring you as close to training, living and working on the Red Planet as possible without ever leaving Earth.
In ATX, train like the next generation of space explorers who will travel to Mars. Practice your docking skills, navigate the unique Mars terrain and experience the sensation of performing a spacewalk in a microgravity environment. Using exciting and immersive simulation technology, you and your team will work together to solve real-world problems using authentic NASA science.
Times: 4-5 hour program, with start times varying by season. Check dates/times at the reservation button below.
Trainees: Individuals or groups, ages 10 and older. Trainees that are ages 10 - 17 will require a paying, participating adult.
Price: $175 (plus tax)
Add-on Enhancement: ATX Training Stages
Don't have time to do the full program? On select days, the visitor complex offers a portion of ATX, available in addition to daily admission. Add an ATX Training Stage to navigate the Martian surface by rover or foot, or experience a microgravity simulation.EXPLORE MORE
- Available as an Add-On Enhancement
- Allow 4-5 Hours
- Does not include admission
- Located at the visitor complex, in the Astronaut Training Experience Center
- Some mobility, height and weight restrictions
Admission to the Astronaut Training Experience does not include daily admission to the visitor complex, but daily admission is not required to participate. Add admission to visit on your second day and have the complete Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex experience!
Trainee groups larger than 10 must reserve their spot by calling 1.855.433.4210 from 9 AM to 4 PM EST. If you do not see a date that fits your schedule, inquire about a private experience for your group. Full payment is due at the time of booking.
Safety and Restrictions:
- English Fluency: Due to safety instructions and the interactive content essential to this program, each guest must be able to read and speak English fluently in order to participate in ATX.
- All Astronaut Training Experience Simulators: For safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this experience. Expectant mothers should not participate. Guests must wear closed-toed shoes in order to participate. Due to the nature of the simulators, guests should be cautious when wearing dresses/skirts in the program.
- Accessibility: Guests must be able to transfer on their own into the simulators. For Lander/Rover: Guests must be able to walk up stairs or a ramp to the experience, step down/up into the Rover. For Microgravity: Guest must be able to step over a raised safety feature surrounding the simulator.
- Lander/Rover Simulator: Those who have had recent surgery or injury should not ride. Participants must be at least 51” tall. Guests must be able to safely fit in the seat and restraint system. Guests of certain shape and/or size may not be able to ride.
- Walk on Mars Virtual Reality: If you experience seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, altered vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, or any symptom related to motion sickness, you should not participate. Guests who have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities should not participate.
- Microgravity Simulator: Participants must be at least 48 inches/1.22 meters tall. Max weight 275 pounds/127 kilograms.
PLAN YOUR MISSION
Make the most of your adventure with the best information to plan your visit.