Tour Kennedy Space Center with an Astronaut Guide
This experience is unavailable to ensure the health and safety of our guests and crewmembers from COVID-19 (coronavirus). To keep up to date on its reopening, follow us on social media or subscribe to our email newsletter.
Explore Kennedy Space Center as part of a small group with a veteran NASA astronaut guide. Discover the birthplace of America’s space program with an experienced space explorer by your side as you tour Space Shuttle Atlantis® and blast off on Shuttle Launch Experience®, along with touring the iconic sites of Kennedy Space Center by motor coach. Savor a private catered lunch with the astronaut and your group as well.
- Annual passholder discounts for Fly With An Astronaut tickets are only available by calling 855-456-6597.
- Tour is scheduled 9:15 am to approximately 1:30 pm.
- Space is limited to 43 participants.
- This tour may not be suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and minors must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18.
The Fly With An Astronaut Experience
Meet at the entrance to Nature and Technology at 9:15 a.m. for a preflight briefing and then the countdown to exploration begins. As a newly-recruited crew member, enter Space Shuttle Atlantis® to be welcomed by your private tour guide: a veteran NASA astronaut. After a guided tour of Space Shuttle Atlantis, pose for an individual photo with your astronaut guide next to the Astrovan. Then step aboard the Shuttle Launch Experience to find out what it feels like to launch into space on a shuttle traveling 17,500 mph, with a veteran NASA astronaut at your side!
Board a bus with your astronaut guide for a tour of Kennedy Space Center. Your astronaut guide shares stories of launch and space experience as you take advantage of panoramic photo opportunities of Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. The tour includes a drive past the Vehicle Assembly Building. During lunch, receive the autographed photo of you with your astronaut guide. At the end of the tour, approximately 1:30 pm, receive a parting gift and continue touring the Apollo/Saturn V Center or board a bus back to the main visitor complex.
Dates for 2020
- August - 14, 15, 16
- September - 4, 5, 6
- October - 9, 10, 11
- November - 13, 14, 15
- December - 11, 12, 13
- Currently unavailable for guests and employees health and safety
- Moon Rock Cafe available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Allow 5 Hours
- Shopping available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Advance reservations are required
- Restrooms available at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Tour concludes at Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Return buses leave every 15 minutes
- Return Trip 20 minutes
- Multiple tours are not recommended