Kennedy Space Center is protected as a federal government facility. For the safety of visitors and employees, the following items are not permitted at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex:
- Firearms of any type, including those belonging to off-duty law enforcement
- Ammunition of any type
- Pepper or Mace sprays
- Knives of any type, including any item with a blade
- Glass containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- UAS or drones are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated if operated on Kennedy Space Center property
Additionally, large coolers, luggage and other large bags are not permitted through the front gate. Be prepared: all bags, backpacks and other items may be opened and inspected at the discretion of security officers. If any of the above items are discovered, you will be asked to return them to your vehicle. If you choose not to return the items to your vehicle, you must surrender them to a security officer. Surrendered items will not be returned to you. All visitors must pass through a metal-detecting magnetometer screening device.
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is a family-friendly environment. Proper attire, which includes a shirt and shoes, is required for admittance. We ask that guests refrain from the following attire:
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
- Clothing that exposes tattoos depicting obscene or objectionable content
- Clothing that exposes inappropriate portions of skin or areas of the body
- Costume masks of any kind
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines or cannot modify their clothing may be refused entry into and/or removed from Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Safety is a priority at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
PLAN YOUR MISSION
Make the most of your adventure with the best information to plan your visit.