Rocket Launch: June 29, 2018 5:41 AM EDT | SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-15Jun 29, 2018 5:41 AM EDT Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Launch Complex 40 SpaceX Falcon 9 CRS-15
For the 15th International Space Station (ISS) resupply mission, SpaceX will launch a Dragon spacecraft on a Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 40. Dragon will deliver supplies, equipment and the following science investigations for the ISS:
- Investigation on cellular biology in microgravity
- ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station (ECOSTRESS), an Earth science instrument studying plants and water availability
- A physical sciences study on soil and sediment to enable U.S. National Laboratory research
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers the closest public viewing of launches, as well as launch commentary, bleacher seating and access to visitor complex exhibits and attractions.
If launch transportation and viewing opportunities become available through the visitor complex:
- Tickets are sold as soon as possible after a confirmed date and time is announced.
- Tickets may be purchased online under the VIP Launch Viewing tab on the ticket page if/when tickets are available.
- As viewing locations are accessible from inside the visitor complex entrance only, you must purchase a daily admission ticket or an annual pass in order to use Launch Transportation/Viewing Tickets. Ticket holders are transported by Kennedy Space Center buses from the main visitor complex to the available viewing areas through NASA’s gates.
- Launch Transportation Tickets are date and mission specific, and are not valid for other launches.
- Sign up for email launch alerts so you know the moment tickets go on sale for any upcoming launches.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for launch updates.
- Tips for how to prepare for launch viewing as a visitor
- Learn about our Scrub Policy
- Read more about SpaceX Falcon 9.
Launch date, time, and viewing opportunities are subject to change. Launches can be affected by technical and mechanical issues as well as range operations and weather, either in advance or at the last minute.