Fly With An Astronaut | Scott ParazynskiSep 07, 2018 - Sep 09, 2018 | 9:15 AM - 1:30 PM Daily Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Tour Kennedy Space Center with an Astronaut Guide
Explore Kennedy Space Center as part of a small group with your astronaut guide. Discover the birthplace of America’s space program with an experienced space explorer by your side as you tour Space Shuttle Atlantis® and blast off on Shuttle Launch Experience®, along with touring the iconic sites of Kennedy Space Center by motor coach. Savor a catered lunch!
- Annual passholder discounts for Fly With An Astronaut tickets are only available by calling 855-456-6597.
- This Fly With An Astronaut is offered once a day for three days. The tour is scheduled for 9:15 AM to 1:30 PM daily. Each day offers the same tour, so choose which date is best for you!
- Space is limited to 43 participants.
- This tour may not be suitable for young children due to the length of the tour and minors must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18.
- Guests must be a minimum of 44"/111.76 cm to ride the Shuttle Launch Experience.
Note: Astronaut(s), times, dates and tour/dining locations are subject to change.
Dr. Scott Parazynski is a graduate of Stanford University and Stanford Medical School, and went on to train at Harvard and in Denver in preparation for a career in emergency medicine and trauma. In 1992 he was selected to join NASA’s Astronaut Corps and eventually flew 5 Space Shuttle Missions and conducted 7 spacewalks (EVAs).
In his 17 years as an astronaut, he served in numerous senior leadership roles, including EVA Branch Chief and the Lead Astronaut for Space Shuttle Thermal Protection System Inspection & Repair in the aftermath of the Space Shuttle Columbia tragedy. Mission highlights include a global ozone mapping mission on STS-66; leading the first joint US-Russian spacewalk during STS-86 while docked to the Russian space station Mir; serving as Senator John Glenn’s crewmate and “personal physician” during STS-95; the EVA positioned by a 90-foot robotic boom to repair a solar array wing during STS-120 and conducting EVA assembly of the Canadian-built space station arm during STS-100.
Dr. Parazynski has spent over 8 weeks in space with more than 47 hours outside on spacewalks and traveled over 23 million miles in orbit. In May of 2016 Scott was inducted into the US Astronaut Hall of Fame at Kennedy Space Center.
Fly With An Astronaut | Scott Parazynski