- EXPLORE ATTRACTIONS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
- Launches and Events
- Camps and Education
Rocket Launch: NET September 15, 2021 8:02 PM EDT | SpaceX Falcon 9 Inspiration4Sep 15, 2021 5-Hour Launch Window Opening at 8:02 PM Launch Pad 39A SpaceX Falcon 9 Inspiration4
Update September 13, 2021: Inspiration4 has announced a new 5-hour launch window opening September 15, 2021 8:02 PM EDT. See below for the latest details for the Feel the Heat Launch Viewing Package.
Feel the Heat launch viewing packages are no longer available as we approach the launch window. All launch viewing packages are mission-specific, non-refundable and non-transferable.
FEEL THE HEAT Package - No longer on sale
Get as close to the launch pad as possible. From here, you will see the rocket leave the pad from across the Banana Creek! Plus, gain exclusive access to the Apollo/Saturn V Center exhibits and attractions.
WHERE: Banana Creek Launch Viewing Area at the Apollo/Saturn V Center
DISTANCE: Approximately 3.9 miles/6.27 kilometers
PRICE: $250 plus tax
BUS BOARDING: Beginning 4:00 PM
- 2-day admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Bus transportation through NASA’s gates to the Apollo/Saturn V Center
- Real-time launch commentary from a space-expert
- Complimentary meal served from Moon Rock Cafe
- Complimentary premium souvenir
- A commemorative launch card, badge and lanyard
- Digital photo of your party from AstroPhotos
Please read the following before purchasing a Feel the Heat Package for Inspiration4:
- The 5-hour launch window opens at 8:02 PM. This means the launch could occur any time between 8:02 PM and 1:02 AM (September 16).
- Your Feel the Heat package is valid for admission beginning September 15. We encourage package holders to arrive to the visitor complex as early as possible and enjoy spending the day exploring.
- Bus boarding begins at 4:00 PM and ends by 7:00 PM. To ensure your bus transportation to the viewing site, plan to arrive by 3:30 PM at the latest and plan for increased traffic.
- The visitor complex will remain open for Inspiration4 launch viewing package holders only.
- Launch viewing packages support two launch attempts, as well as an additional daily admission ticket valid to use within 30 days after the launch date.
- Launch viewing packages are for all ages. All launch viewing packages are mission-specific, meaning it is only valid for Inspiration4, not past or future missions.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is not responsible for the launch’s status or schedule.
- Please review the Scrub Policy.
This milestone SpaceX launch marks the first all-civilian mission to orbit. Commanded by Jared Isaacman, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Shift4 Payments and a pilot and adventurer, Inspiration4 will carry a crew of four into low Earth orbit for multiple days. The mission’s goal is to raise awareness and funds for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The crew will each represent the mission pillars: leadership, hope, generosity and prosperity.