Taste of Space 2022 | Marstini Shake-OffOct 07, 2022 6:30 - 9:00 PM Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex
Come taste the flavors of the season with this years' Taste of Space Marstini Shake-Off on October 7, 2022 at 6:30 PM. Start your Taste of Space journey by mingling with some of your favorite astronauts as you visit various culinary stations featuring a special fall menu. For the second year, local bars and restaurants will create their idea of a "Marstini" cocktail for our panel of judges. Judges will taste and select their favorite creation, and the restaurant with the winning recipe will receive bragging rights and a trophy they can proudly display in their establishment. Plus this year, they will also be eligible for the People's Choice award. You can sample the evening's Marstinis and talk to their creators about the backstory behind the cocktail. Take note of your favorite because you will be invited to vote virtually on your mobile device for the People's Choice Award. Of course, you can also purchase full versions of any of the Marstinis created that evening.
Additionally, Gateway's new motion-theater ride, Spaceport KSC, will be open for this event and you can explore the "Red Planet."
- Robonaut Red Ale Beer Cheese Dip with Pretzel Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Apricot Jam
- Arugula Salad with Toasted Pecans, Dried Cranberries and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Wisconsin Cheddar Soup with Smoked Applewood Bacon and Pretzel Croutons
- Cheesy Potato and Bratwurst Casserole
- Pork Schnitzel Slider Topped with Brussel Sprout Slaw, Tossed with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Carved Roasted Turkey Breast with Root Vegetables and Spiced Apple Cider Glaze
- Black Forest Cupcakes
- Citrus Gelatin Finished with Keylime Foam in Mini Beer Steins
- Apple Blossom with Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Ginger Snaps
- Coffee and Tea Station
Participating bars and restaurants:
- Playalinda Brewing Company
- Third Culture Kitchen
- The Space Bar
- Jack & Harry's
Tickets for this exclusive event are $159 per person*. Annual passholders receive a 10 percent discount by calling 1.855.433.4210.
* This event is recommended for guests ages 21 and older. IDs will be checked on site for guests consuming alcohol. Guests should be prepared to stand for a prolonged period of time as there is no formal seating available for this event. Admission is not included or required.