The Astronaut Training Experience immerses participants in the world of astronaut training. In addition to authentic mission training on the Multi-Axis Trainer and the Micro-Gravity Wall, trainees will also perform a real space shuttle mission at mission control and space shuttle simulations and meet a real veteran NASA astronaut!
- ATX Core is $145 plus tax per participant
- ATX Plus is $175 plus tax per participant, which includes daily admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- ATX participants must be age 14 years or older. ATX Family program available for younger participants.
- Participants 14 - 17 must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult
- The ATX Center is located six miles west of the visitor complex
- Height and weight restrictions apply on certain simulators
- Dress code is shorts or pants only and athletic footwear preferred
- Participants should be free of neck and back injuries
ATX Program Includes:
- Spaceflight Training Simulators
- Full Scale Space Shuttle Mission Simulation
- ATX Gear includes mission polo shirt and ATX pen
- Light Snacks
- Signed astronaut lithograph
- Certificate of Completion
Schedule and 2017 Dates
- This program is held every Saturday
- Check-in is at 8:30 am
- Program starts at 9 am
- Program ends at 12:50 - 1:30 pm
NEW for this summer: ATX is open to everyone ages 8 and older for a few select dates this summer. Whether you are with your friends, family (with or without kids) or significant other, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex invites you to train like an astronaut.
Astronaut Training Experience Summer 2017 Dates – ages 8 and up
August 18, 2017 August 21, 2017
- August 31, 2017
Please note that this program will include a wide age range of participants. The program will cater to the broad age of the trainees. If you would prefer an Astronaut Training Experience with age restrictions, our Astronaut Training Experience (traditional) or Family ATX may be the best fit for your party.
To make your reservation, call 1.855.433.4210 daily from 8 am - 6 pm EST.
Astronaut Training Experience Cancellation Policy
In the event you cancel your reservation you may receive a full refund if Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex receives notification of cancellation seven days prior to your ATX. All monies will be forfeited if cancellations are made with less than seven days notice.
- Substitutions for ATX group members may be made with no penalty up to seven days in advance.
- Refunds are credited 7 - 10 business days after your request is approved. If circumstances arise, with a 72-hour notice prior to the program date, you may change to a future date. Approvals are based on availability.
Kennedy Space Center is a working space launch facility. In the unlikely event of cancellation, we will do our best to inform participants as soon as possible. Participants will receive a full refund if the program is cancelled due to Kennedy Space Center operations or other unforeseen events. A minimum of eight persons is required to hold an ATX program. If the eight-person minimum is not met within two weeks of the reservation date, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will provide the option to select another ATX date or receive a full refund.