Explore the final frontier as a family during the ATX Family program at ATX Center. Family participants will spend a half-day immersed in astronaut training with realistic simulators and launching your own rockets. Meet a veteran NASA astronaut and work together to perform a space shuttle mission to the International Space Station in a full-scale orbiter mock-up and fully outfitted mission control facility.
- ATX Center, six miles west of the Visitor Complex
- ATX Family $145 plus tax per participant
- ATX Family Plus Ages 7 - 11 $169 plus tax Ages 12 and older $175 plus tax per participant includes daily admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Participants must be age 7 years or older
- Participants age 7 - 17 must be accompanied by a participating, paying adult over the age of 18
- Participants 14 and up may prefer ATX Core
- Some height and weight restrictions apply on certain simulators
- Dress code is shorts or pants and athletic footwear is preferred
- Participants should be free of neck and back injuries
ATX Family Includes:
- Air Rocket Launch
- Full Scale Space Shuttle Mission Simulation
- ATX Gear (including Mission Polo Shirt and ATX pen)
- Light Snacks
- Signed astronaut lithograph
- Certificate of Completion
Schedule and 2016 Dates
- Check-in: 8:30 am
- Program start: 9 am
- Program end: 12:50 - 1:30 pm
- November 13 and 27
- December 11
To make your reservation, call 1.855.433.4210 daily 8 am to 6 pm EST
Astronaut Training Experience Cancellation Policy
You may receive a full refund if we receive notification of cancellation seven days prior to your ATX adventure. All monies will be forfeited if cancellations are made with less than seven days’ notice. All monies will be forfeited if cancellations are made with less than seven days’ notice
- Substitutions for ATX group members may be made with no penalty up to seven days in advance.
- Refunds will be credited 7-10 business days after your request is approved. If circumstances arise, with a 72-hour notice prior to the program date, you may change to a future date based on availability.
Kennedy Space Center is a working space flight facility. In the unlikely event that our organization needs to cancel an ATX program, the company will do its best to inform you as soon as possible. You will receive a full refund if the program is cancelled due to Kennedy Space Center Operations or other unforeseen events. A minimum of eight persons is required to hold an ATX program. If we do not meet the eight-person minimum within two weeks of the program date, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will give you the option to move to another ATX date or receive a full refund.