- Wheelchairs and strollers will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- KSC SmartGuides will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- Printed park maps will not be available – please download the KSC app or print the map included with your daily admission purchase.
- First Aid will be available during operating hours. Please practice social distancing, when possible. Over-the-counter medicine is available at The Space Shop.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at point-of-sale locations with cashiers.
- All credit card transaction can be touchless. A signature is not required for purchases made by credit card.
To help ensure we are not exceeding our capacity, timed tickets purchased online in advance of your visit, are highly encouraged. An email address is required for all ticket purchases and reservations.
Information/Lost & Found
Located at the main entrance, Information offers visitor complex information, maps and assistance. Information also assists with holding and locating lost or found items. Visitors may also rent KSC SmartGuides, wheelchairs, scooters and strollers. Information crewmembers may speak languages other than English, please inquire inside.
Rent accessible equipment at any ticket window, Will Call, Guest Services or Information. All rental equipment is available to rent in advance online or on a first-come, first-served basis.
- $25 Electric Scooter Rental, limited quantities available
- $10 Wheelchair Rental
- $6 Stroller and $8 Double Stroller Rental
If purchased online, please take your ticket to the Information building to redeem your rental. All rental items must be returned to Information by the visitor complex’s closing. Please note that when renting an ECV, guests must sign a rental agreement. The agreement includes contact information and the acknowledgement that the renter understands how to operate the vehicle. These are equipped with a chair for one person only and young children may not operate the vehicle. Please note that prices do not include tax.
Free kennel service is provided for pets. The kennel operates from 9 am until closing and is indoors and air conditioned. Visitors are encouraged to provide pet food, snacks, toys, blankets and water dishes for comfort. Please show a valid government-issued ID to verify that you are picking up the correct pet. Kennel services cannot be reserved in advance.
For the comfort and safety of all visitors, smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is permitted in designated smoking areas only. Smoking areas are located throughout the park, clearly marked on visitor complex maps.
Basic medical services are available in the nurses’ station located at the main visitor complex. Ask any crewmember for an escort to the station if anyone in your party requires medical services.