Taste of Space: A Culinary JourneyNov 05, 2021 06:30 PM - Nov 05, 2021 09:00 PM Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
Important Event Information
- The event is taking place November 5, rain or shine.
- Plan for inclement weather. Wear non-slip shoes and rain gear (to include a jacket and umbrella).
- Guests will enter through the ATX building at the front of the visitor complex rather than the main ticket entrance (ATX is to the right of the main entrance).
- Please look for visitor complex crewmembers to guide you to the entrance.
- Some dining locations have changed to minimize outdoor exposure due to expected weather. Guests will still have access to Space Shuttle Atlantis® at the end of the event and will also visit areas reserved for programs beyond a daily admission visit.
- We look forward to seeing and hosting all of you for this event.
Sip and sample seasonal tastings under the stars during Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Taste of Space: A Culinary Journey. This progressive-style dinner will showcase seasonal foods created by our Certified Executive Chefs in addition to featuring local establishments during a first-ever "Marstini" shake-off.
You'll experience the following during your culinary journey:
- Begin in the Rocket Garden with unique appetizers while you safely mix and mingle with veteran NASA astronauts Bruce Melnick, Winston Scott and John-David Bartoe.
- Next, enjoy a fresh salad and our chef’s award-winning clam chowder at the Rocket Garden Cafe.
- A surf n’ turf main course awaits you inside the spacious Dine With an Astronaut before embarking on your last stop: Space Shuttle Atlantis®.
- Under the orbiter, sample a selection of desserts and experience the inaugural Marstini shake-off!
For the first time at the visitor complex, local bars and restaurants will submit their idea of a Mars-inspired cocktail for a panel of local celebrity judges. Judges will taste and select their favorite creation, and the restaurant with the winning recipe will receive bragging rights and a trophy they can proudly display in their establishment. Of course, guests of this event can also purchase any of the Marstinis made that evening.
Participating Bars & Restaurants (to date):
- 4th Street Fillin Station
- Third Culture Kitchen
- Playalinda Brewing Company - Brix Project
A DJ follows and entertains throughout the night. Each food location will also serve complimentary wine and beer samples, suggested to go along with the location’s course. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be available. At the end of the night, exit through the Astronaut Training Experience® and don’t forget your commemorative pin!
TASTE OF SPACE: A CULINARY JOURNEY MENU
Charcuterie Board Variety of Cured Meats, Artisanal Cheeses, Dried Fruits, and Nuts Arranged on an Individual Serving Board
Soup and Salad
New England Clam Chowder with Oyster Crackers
Arugula, Feta, Candied Pecans Finished with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Braised Boneless Short Rib with Cottage Fries
Spicy Shrimp with Cheese Polenta & Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry
Snickerdoodle Cobbler, Pumpkin Caramel Éclair, Fresh Fruit, Cheesecake, Chocolate and Vanilla Mousse Shooters, Pumpkin and Red Velvet Whoopie Pie
Tickets for this exclusive event are $159 per person. Annual passholders receive a 10 percent discount by calling 1.855.433.4210.
This event is recommended for guests ages 21 and older. IDs will be checked on site for guests consuming alcohol. As this event takes place throughout the visitor complex, guests should be prepared to walk or stand for a prolonged period of time. Daily admission is not included or required.
Taste of Space: A Culinary Journey will take place throughout the visitor complex, both inside and out, while allowing room for social distancing. Masks are required indoors by all guests, except for when actively eating or drinking. Vaccinated guests are welcome to remove the mask while outdoors. Please visit our Trusted Space® page for complete details about visiting during the COVID-19 pandemic.