Meet Astronaut Fred GregoryDec 22, 2022 - Dec 28, 2022 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born in Washington, D.C.
- BSc. in Military Engineering, United States Air Force Academy
- MSc. in Information Systems, George Washington University
- Worked as an engineering test pilot for both NASA and the United States Air Force
- Logged over 7,000 hours in more than 50 types of aircraft; 550 combat rescue missions in Vietnam
- 1978 NASA class selection
- Served multiple roles in NASA administration from 1992 through 2005
Meet Astronaut Fred Gregory