- EXPLORE ATTRACTIONS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
- Launches and Events
- Camps and Education
Meet Astronaut Bob ThirskOct 26, 2022 - Oct 29, 2022 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: New Westminster, British Columbia
- Education: BSc. in Mechanical Engineering - University of Calgary; Class of 1976
- Education: MSc. in in Mechanical Engineering - MIT; Class of 1978
- Education: PhD. in Medicine - McGill University; Class of 1982
- Education: MBA - MIT Sloan School of Management; Class of 1988
- 1983 Canadian Space Agency (CSA) class selection
- Payload Specialist: STS-78; Life and Microgravity Spacelab (LMS)
- First Canadian to go on a long-duration expedition aboard the International Space Station
Meet Astronaut Bob Thirsk
- Soyuz TMA-15
- Expedition 20/21