- EXPLORE ATTRACTIONS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
- Launches and Events
- Camps and Education
Meet Astronaut John HerringtonApr 06, 2023 - Apr 08, 2023 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: Wetumka, Oklahoma
- Education: BSc. in Applied Mathematics; University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Education: Master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering; United States Naval Postgraduate School
- Education: PhD in Education; University of Idaho
- Distinguished graduate of the Aviation Officer Candidate Program, Naval Aviator and Test Pilot; 4600+ hours in more than 30 different aircraft types.
- 1996 NASA class selection
- First Native American to fly in space; Member of the Chickasaw Nation of Oklahoma
Meet Astronaut John Herrington