Meet Astronaut Terry WilcuttAug 19, 2023 - Aug 22, 2023 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: Russellville, Kentucky
- Education: Bachelor's in Mathematics - Western Kentucky University; Class of 1974
- Commissioned as an officer in the United States Marine Corps in 1976
- Naval Aviator designation in 1978
- Graduate of U.S. Naval Test Pilot School and Naval Fighter Weapons School (Top Gun)
- Over 6,000 flight hours in 30 aircraft
- 1990 NASA class selection
Meet Astronaut Terry Wilcutt
- STS-68 Endeavour
- STS-79 Atlantis
- STS-89 Endeavour
- STS-106 Atlantis