Meet Astronaut Barbara MorganJan 26, 2023 - Jan 29, 2023 Kennedy Space Center
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: Fresno, California
- Education: BA in Human Biology from Stanford University; Class of 1973
- Education: Teaching Credential from College of Notre Dame, Belmont, California
- 1985 NASA class selection
- Served as back up for Christa McAuliffe for the Teacher in Space Program, STS-51L
- Served as Station and Shuttle Robot Arm Operator on STS-118
Meet Astronaut Barbara Morgan