Meet Astronaut Mike GoodMay 10, 2023 - May 13, 2023 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- From Broadview Heights, Ohio.
- Holds degrees in Aerospace Engineering from Notre Dame University
- Commissioned as an officer in the United States Air Force in 1984.
- Graduated from the United States Air Force Test Pilot School in 1994.
- Has logged more than 3,000 hours of flight time in such aircraft as the F-111, the B-2 and the F-15.
- Selected by NASA in 2000.
- Has flown on two Shuttle flights:
STS-125 (2009), a servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope.
- STS-132 (2010); an assembly flight to the International Space Station.
- STS-125 (2009), a servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope.
Meet Astronaut Mike Good