Meet Astronaut Tom JonesSep 07, 2023 - Sep 11, 2023 Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA selects astronauts from a diverse pool of applicants with a wide variety of backgrounds, from scientists to pilots. From the thousands of applications received, only a few are chosen to be a member of the elite NASA Astronaut Corps. Each day at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors get the rare opportunity to meet a veteran NASA astronaut.
Meet the Astronaut of the Day at any of the following opportunities. See the Daily Schedule for the times for each when you arrive.
- The daily Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for a presentation from the astronaut and a question-and-answer session, so be prepared to ask him or her what you have always wanted to know.
- Visitors can also get an astronaut’s autograph at The Space Shop and Shuttle Express at various times during the day.
- During the all-new Chat With An Astronaut, enjoy a sampling of food and beverages while having a group conversation with the Astronaut of the Day about what it is really like to live and work in space. This new add-on enhancement requires daily admission.
- Born: Baltimore, Maryland
- Education: BSc. in Basic Sciences from the U.S. Air Force Academy; Class of 1977
- PhD. in Planetary Sciences from the University of Arizona; Class of 1988
- 1990 NASA class selection
- Flew as aircraft commander of B-52D Stratofortress out of Carswell AFB in Texas; 2,000 flight hours
Meet Astronaut Tom Jones